How to setup an email account on Microsoft Outlook
A personal information manager software system from Microsoft, available as a part of the Microsoft Office suite. Though primarily an email client, Outlook also includes such functions as calendaring, task managing, contact managing, note-taking, journal logging and web browsing.
How to set up cPanel email account in Outlook
This section will take you through a step-by-step guide on how-to set up your Email Account on Microsoft Outlook 365. Again, the configuration is very similar to Microsoft Outlook 2016/2019, with minor UI differences.
Note: We will be configuring the email account using SSL Hostnames for SMTP and IMAP protocols.
- Launch Microsoft Outlook 2019 on your computer. If you are launching it for the first time, you will directly see the window as shown below. If you have already configured some other email accounts on Outlook, you can click on File Menu > Add Account to see the window as shown below.
a. Enter your Email Address.
b. Check the box that reads, Let me set up my account manually.
c. Click on Connect.
- Select POP or IMAP depending upon the Incoming Protocol you prefer. In this article, we have selected IMAP.
- Refer to the Email Client Settings below, and based on your preferences, enter the respective hostnames, port numbers, and encryption methods for the Incoming Mail and Outgoing Mail servers. Then click on Next.
SSL Email Port Settings Outgoing Server SMTP smtp.domainname.com Port 26/587 Incoming Server IMAP imap.domainname.com Port 993 Incoming Server POP pop.domainname.com Port 995 Non-SSL Email Port Settings Outgoing Server SMTP mail.domainname.com Port 25/587 Incoming Server IMAP mail.domainname.com Port 143 Incoming Server POP mail.domainname.com Port 110
Note: The domainname.com in the above example needs to be replaced with your actual domain name.
- Enter the password for your email account with us and click on Connect.
- Your email account has been configured successfully! Click on Done to conclude the process.
- You can now send and receive emails from your Email Client.
While Outlook is the most preferred desktop email client for business, daily usage of the software may throwup errors in case of events, To read about commonly seen errors during Outlook usage and how to correct them, click here.
Tutorials & ArticlesDownload or Upload website files using FTP This article will assist you with managing your website files...
Tutorials & ArticlescPanel to cPanel migration (Linux) This article will assist you with migrating your website from another...
Tutorials & ArticlesMigrate a website to Indichosts that doesnot use cPanel This article will assist you with migrating a...